As you are sure to know, having the correct clothing for work is important. Not only does this ensure that you are fully protected in the way that you need to be, but it guarantees that you’re dressed in a way that meets the health and safety requirements of your workplace. Simply, you can go to work knowing that you’re wearing the correct workwear. However, what should you do when the summer months hit? In the summer, it’s time to swap your standard clothes for summer workwear.
The Most Important Summer Workwear
1. Shorts - Shorts are the best way to keep cool when you’re at work in the summer. There’s no need to worry about becoming too hot or uncomfortable.
2. T-Shirts - Swapping long sleeved tops for t-shirts is always advised in the summer, to prevent overheating and discomfort.
3. Lightweight Jackets - Even in the summer months, it’s not uncommon for the rain to hit. This is why it’s a good idea to have a lightweight jacket ready, just in case.
4. Zip Hoodies - Though the summer months are warm, it’s not uncommon to have a cold morning or a chill in the air. Wearing a zip hoody allows you to layer up as and when you need to.
5. Caps - If you spend a lot of time working outside, it’s a good idea to wear a cap. As well as keeping your head protected from the sun, it prevents the sun from obscuring your vision.
6. Short Sleeved Shirts - If you need something a little more formal for a meeting, choose a short sleeved shirt to stay cool.
7. Sunglasses - As you’re sure to know, the sun can cause damage to eyes if they are not adequately protected. This is why sunglasses should be part of your summer workwear.
8. Safety Footwear - Even in the summer months, it’s important that your feet are protected in the workplace. The workplace isn’t somewhere that you should be swapping out your existing safety footwear for summer shoes.
9. Rain Poncho - If you’re going to be working outside, it’s a good idea to have a rain poncho ready. It’ll keep you and your clothes dry.
10. Hi Vis Polo Shirts - If you’re required to wear hi vis clothing at work, consider swapping a long sleeved top and jacket for a short sleeved hi vis shirt.
At Agentis Workwear, we understand that the constantly changing weather can make it difficult to get your hands on the clothing items that you need. After all, the summer months tend to sneak up on us and before we know it we’re not equipped with the right summer workwear. This is why we work hard to provide a fast turnaround of orders to all of our customers. By ordering your summer workwear from Agentis Workwear, you will receive your order in time to make the most of the summer months. Contact us today on 0845 270 0134 or via the online contact form.